Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Physical books and Audio books

I see so many people talking about ebook vs. physical book and I decided to try something a little different. I'm going to do Audio book vs. Physical book.
     I love both very much. I always have one audio book and one physical book at all times.

                   Round 1: Experience
I feel a physical book is a better experience, because you can imagine your own voices for the characters. With an audio book your eyes can wander freely. This makes it harder to stay concentrated.

                   Round 2: To-Do Lists
With an audio book you can get things done while you listen. (Maybe do laundry, etc.) There is a downside to this. Sometimes you miss good details in the book. You might get caught up in a burning stove and forget who Katniss was talking to. *cough* Not that I've done that. *cough* Umm... where was I...

                   Round 3: Speed
I, personally, am a slow reader. I find an audio book is better if I have to meet a deadline.

                  Round 4: Food
I can't eat and read. I either make a mess, or I hurt the book. I love to listen to an audio book while I eat lunch or just having a snack!

                  Round 5: Notes
 I can take notes with a physical book better. You can't easily bookmark a quote in an audio book.(cd)

                  Round 6: Feels
When feels hit, they hit hard but I think it's easier to deal with while using a physical book.
WARNING: Listening to an audio book with feels can be dangerous. If you are not sitting down it could result in severe injuries. Remember to stop, drop and roll immediately. 
      
    So, do you like an audio book or physical book better? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments: