Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Types of Book Slumps and How to Deal with Them

TYPES OF ZE SLUMPS AND HOW TO EXTERMINATE THEM!!!

1.THE BURNOUT

So, lets say you read this six book series in, like, a DAY. Now lets say you get to a point where you might read a book, and forget everything. "Oh, hey! What's that book about, Addie?" "Um, it's about this person....who goes to this place..." *throws down book in frustration* It's like your just staring at a page with marky-things on it and you're thinking the entire time, Did I feed the dog this morning?, Oh, I can't forget to update my twitter!, or maybe Oh crap, Heartless doesn't come out till November, and it's only June! Maybe you see the word sunglasses, and you're like, What are sunglasses? Is this even English?

Solution:
You have read too much at once, my friend. You might need to take a break from reading. *gasp* I know, it happens to the best of us. Come back in a day or two, and try again.

2. HANGOVER

 Ok, you've finished this great series with the best characters, the best worlds, and the best EVERYTHING. Now you pick up a new book and you're like, But NOTHING can replace JEM!!! No, I can never move on!!! *cries dramatically*

Solution:
Alright, listen to me, I will only say this once. You need to conquer your TBR. You must. For if all bookworms can catch up on their stacks of books, we can RULE THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHA!!! *cackles evilly* Feel better?

3. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT TO READ!!!

Solution:
Understandable. It is sometimes hard to decipher what your mood is. I recommend either Goodreads or Twitter. You can find some really good recommendations from social media.

4. DEPRESSION

Maybe a character you REALLY loved died. Maybe the series didn't have a satisfying ending.

Solution:
I understand what you are going through. You may need time to grieve, and that is fine, but as soon as you're sure you're ready. Your bookshelf is waiting for you with a surprise.

5. I HATE READING AND I WILL NEVER READ AGAIN

Why the heck are you reading this?! You need a doctor. Make an appointment, like NOW, and tell them it's urgent.

Solution:
I can't fix this. Like I said, you NEED A DOCTOR.

6. HAMILTON

Hamilton is so good! I can take a break from reading to listen to Hamilton!

Solution:
READ Hamilton. Yes, there's a book. I know. It is amazing. Yes, you should get it right now.

7. NETFLIX

Solution:
Put an alarm on the OK button of your remote. It should sound like sirens, you know, wheeeee-ooooooh, weeeeee-oooooh PUT THE REMOTE DOWN!!! BACK AWAY FROM THE TV!!!

2 comments:

  1. love this post! especially the Hamilton solution :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it from personal experience.

      Delete